Monday 6 July 2015

Slowly summarising

So I have recieved the feedback from my inquiry plan and have began summarising my thoughts and ideas for my inquiry.

Inquiry Summary

From looking at my feedback that I received I have decided to change the title of my inquiry. My previous title ‘An investigation into career transition for women in dance: The challenges that come with change’ did not communicate the idea of dancers transitioning into leadership roles. Therefore I am changing my title to ‘Exploring the skills required to transition into a dance leadership role within the leisure entertainment sector’.  I am hoping this covers all angles of my inquiry.
I will be choosing two head dancers from parkdean who have experienced two seasons, two managers from parkdean who have also experienced a minimum of two years with the company and I will also be interviewing the casting manager and the choreographer of the company. I feel this will give me a strong basis for the skills required to take on a leadership role within a company like parkdean. I would like each candidate to have a minimum of two years experience within the job as I feel they will have more to offer than someone who has spent less time in the job.
Inquiry questions
What support did you receive in furthering your career as a professional performer?
What leadership skills do you have and how have you had to use these in your career?
Could you discuss your challenges and accomplishments that you have faced throughout your career?
If you were to employ a head dancer what skills would you look for specifically?
How would these skills differ, in your opinion to that of a entertainments manager?
What advice would you give a performer hoping to achieve head dancer/manager status?
Initially I was going to be looking at the retirement issues within the transitions in dance, however I feel that I would like to focus on the challenges and accomplishments faced in leadership roles.

The ethical issues I have addressed in my inquiry plan will be put into place when I begin my interviews. However I need to clarify my insider-researcher position with my tutor, which I will be doing this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment