Monday 12 January 2015

Task 6c Rationale

Exploring the transtitions within dancers career and how well equipped dancers are to cope with those mental, physical and emotional changes. Focusing on female dancers.

My inquiry involves using the information I acquire from experienced female dancers between the ages of 30-50years, new graduates 18-25years and professional dancers 25-30years to discover what is required of dancers when they are transitioning through out their career. It also aims to research the amount of support given to dancers of all ages and how dancers can use this support to further their career. 

The inquiry will benefit dancers of all ages who are struggling to come to terms with the transitions they face in their career. It aims to discover tools that will enable career longevity in a dancers life and tools to keep emotionally and mentally sound throughout. 

I hope to gain enough knowledge to help further my own career and settle my anxieties that I have about this industry I have chosen to work within. I also hope it will enable me to help other dancers with similar struggles who I may work with in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment