Wednesday 26 March 2014

Task 2a: Keeping a Journal

I have always been awful at keeping diaries/journals! So I was a little bit worried when I found that I needed to keep account of my every day happenings at work/home! However instead of keeping a standard journal I decided to kick start mine by using the information from reader 2. My first day of my journal began with listing all the things about my day, I'm happy to share this one! I began with my general what I did that day, this then led to a list of emotions I felt through out the day which then led to another list entitled 'how can I be more productive tomorrow' This was by far my favourite way to journal as it sent my mind into so many different thoughts! I have also used the descriptive version of keeping a journal which I enjoyed but it takes a lot of time and I didnt feel it was as thought provoking as listing my day out.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lizzie! First of all its great to see that you are also, like me, still working on these Journal tasks. I am curious at how you managed to separate the events that happened during the day from the emptions you felt. Was it on purpose that you wanted them to be separate or was it that once you finished writing the events of the day that lead to writing how you feel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. to be honest mariele, I found that it depended on which writing style I went for, when I began writing about my days events in a list format it made me think about how I was feeling at that point in the day and also why I was feeling that way. Writing my day out in list form and also as a diagram then led me to develop my thoughts about that day, however when I reflected back on my day in an analytical way I described what I was doing and how I felt at the same time, does this help at all?

    ReplyDelete