Monday 15 September 2014

Competences and Capabilities Part 2

I think I have worked out the difference between competences and capabilities. I have come to understand that competences are the skills you already have which make you capable to do the job you are currently in, however capabilities are the skills you can develop and progress. 

I looked through my assessment notes from when I was at college and found some confidence boosting comments from previous tutors: 

Regarding my jazz assessment 'Diversity of style is developing and your attention to detail helps you get into the style far better. More physicality and power will help you refine some diversity. Professional conduct is very good, Lizzie. You work tirelessly and have done a lot of work in preparing, this year.' Sue Brice 2012. 

This comment is very constructive as it lets me know the skills I have acquired as well as what I need to work on and what I am capable of developing.

These are the competences I believe to have acquired over the past few years of dance training


  • Flexible 
  • High Fitness
  • Dynamic Performer
  • Energetic
  • Technique in Ballet, Tap, Jazz and Commercial
All of these skills have the potential to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment