Tuesday 9 September 2014

competences and capabilities

Taking a browse through reader 4, I have decided that the job I am in currently requires the employee have a 'transdisiplinary' approach to the job. Here are the skills I believe are needed to work on a show time park with Parkdean:

Skills in Dance                                                             Skills in Compering   

    • Flexibility                                                      Improvisation
  • Fitness                                                                  Diction
  • Technique                                                             Confidence
  • Dynamics                                                              Ability to interact with audience
  • Strong Body and Core
  • Performance skills and expression                
Skills in running daytime activites

  • Organised
  • Communicating with all ages
  • Energetic 
  • Reading the room (is everyone getting involved? Is it enjoyable etc?)
Skills in the DJ Box

  • Knowing what lights to use and when
  • Being able to create an atmosphere with the tools you have (music, lights, smoke)
  • Volume Control
  • Ability to ride the fader
  • Focused 
Skills in Choreography 

  • Imagination
  • Creating pieces appropriate to ability 
  • Interpreting music 
All these skills are required for the job that I am currently in. A lot of these skills do cross over into different sectors so for example you would need to have some level of dance ability to be able to choreograph. 

Where have I got my information from? 
Mainly the ideas I have about the skills required have come from my dance training that I have been receiving from a young age. A lot of information has also come from the company choreographer and teachers that I had at college. As well as being taught alot of this information I also found my information has been acquired from watching alot of dance performances and dance tv programs, for example So You Think You Can Dance, is an American TV show where contestants dance different styles infront of various judges who then critique the dancers, here is a snippet of one of my favorite episodes. 






No comments:

Post a Comment